Want to join our Team?
Our Shop Manager will be directly involved in the production of art supports and related services, managing our day-to-day shop operations.
Shop Manager — Simon Liu, Inc. Production Studio
Throughout a distinguished career now in its third decade, Simon Liu has emerged as the world’s leading innovator and custom-builder of art supports. His shop creates premium-quality stretchers and panels for major museums, auction houses, collectors, conservators, and an extensive artist clientele that spans household names and emerging talents alike. His product lines, although uniformly top quality, also include accessible options at competitive price points.
Simon Liu, Inc. Production Studio
Consisting of a front office and two large floors of production space, Simon Liu’s Brooklyn facility is staffed by a close-knit team of over thirty fulltime artisans and half a dozen customer service professionals. The studio features advanced custom-manufacturing and hand-crafting woodwork machinery along with corresponding resources for stretching, priming, packaging, and delivery.
Shop Manager Role
Our Shop Manager will be directly involved in the production of art supports. Managing our day-to-day shop operations and related services. In this role, the Shop Manager will work closely with Simon and his experienced team of craftspeople. Experience with professional woodworking or in custom manufacturing environment is ideal.
An appreciation for fine art is preferred, and leading candidates will be passionate about the opportunity to work with and learn from leading art world talents. Benefits include competitive wage, medical insurance, paid time off for holidays, vacations, and sick days, as well the opportunity for an annual performance-based bonus and profit-sharing incentives.
- 2-5 Years of Experience in woodworking production or in custom manufacturing environment
- Positive attitude, ability to work well with others and lead with strong work ethics
- Bring innovative ideas to various projects
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Keen on various ways of making production more efficient
- Research and development skills
- Shop environment experience
- Comfortable around heavy machinery and safety-minded
- Manufacturing and/or woodworking skills